Occupational Therapist Job
Are you looking for a career which allows you to have a positive impact on people’s lives each day?
Creative Therapy Consultants is committed to improving the quality of life for each client we serve.
We are currently looking for Occupational Therapists for our Penticton, Kelowna and Prince George offices.
We value work-life balance and we believe in the personal and professional development for each of our team members. We support ongoing education, encourage service provision innovation and believe that every member of our team is a vital part of our organization’s success.
Our Occupational Therapists mainly focus on working with clients who have sustained physical or psychological injuries. Our Therapists take a holistic, team approach with their clients and all other therapy partners, in order to implement tailored strategies and reach positive goals for each one.
To be successful in this role, it is essential to have a positive and motivated attitude. If you want to use your clinical skills and be an imperative part of each client’s healing journey, you should consider this role!
- Sign on bonus and relocation assistance
- Opportunity to earn 25% more than public sector employment
- Weekly mentoring and a strong orientation program
- Ongoing educational and professional development opportunities
- Financial support for professional growth and development
- Autonomy of schedule, hours, holidays and case load
- Leading edge case management software program to manage billing and cases
In your role of Occupational Therapist, you would have the continuing support of experienced Occupational Therapy mentors, a strong Administrative team and a team of Rehabilitation Assistants and Kinesiologists.
As you would be working in a community setting, you will be working with a variety of partners (ICBC, Worksafe, Medical, Legal), a variety of ages, and a variety of cases that may include disability, long term care, ergonomics, brain injury rehabilitation, elder care, etc. Your diverse role would include assisting with hospital discharge planning, provision of assistive equipment and coordination of rehabilitation services. You would work with local health care providers and physicians to ensure each client has a clear evidenced based plan for their timely recovery.
As part of our Return to Work Management specialty, our Occupational Therapists also help individuals who are on disability navigate the complicated healthcare system. Our team also participates in quality improvement initiatives, research and education.
Salary Minimum starting wage $42.00 per hour depending on experience.
- Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy or equivalent
- Current full registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia (COTBC)
- Current full registration with (or eligible for) Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists (CAOT)
- Liability insurance
- Valid BC Driver’s License
- Minimum two years’ experience working.
- At least one year experience working in Canada.
- Windows based computer with Microsoft Office (NO MACS)
- Cell Phone
- Reliable vehicle with proper insurance
- Criminal Records Check
- Driver’s Abstract
- Liability Insurance
- Valid Drivers License
Mail, fax or email resumes to:
*#102-208 Ellis Street, Penticton, BC V2A 4L6